At New York Fashion Week, Baja East unveiled its Spring/Summer 2015 collection, which was created by Kevin Ryan for Unite. He drew inspiration from global gals-those well traveled women. Peter Lindbergh's girls also influenced the look.
"The look is lived in, but beautiful and hair has a practicality to it. The feel is that the hair started with a pristine blow dry, which has come undone just by living life to the fullest. The hair's texture has an oil and water effect - a mix of dry and sleek textures."
1. On damp hair, spray Unite Expanda Volume on the roots and Unite Beach Day through the ends.
2. Blow dry wet hair completely, creating volume at the front of the crown.
3. Once dry, backcomb at the roots to create additional volume and texture.
4. Gather all of the hair at the base of the neck and twist into a loose bun.
5. Using forceps, pull sections of hair out of the bun, to create a braid in reverse.
6. Continue to pull out hair until hair is loosely braided down the center of the back.
7. Once braid is complete, sprinkle and massage Unite Expanda Dust through the roots to create an oily texture to counterbalance the dryness of the ends, and build more volume.
8. Finish the look by spraying lots of Unite Tricky Spray, a spray wax, to the front roots and throughout the braid. Work in with the fingers for matte shine and texture.