The final look in Joico's Holiday Hairstyle video tutorial series focuses on an elegant New Year's Eve look. Joico's Glam Hair Expert Katie Bilovol created a simple yet chic Gatsby-style faux bob that is ideal for festive celebrations.
The easy faux bob step-by-step cleverly tucks, twists, and braids hair into a look that's short on time, but long on style. The style secret here-by combining three simple techniques, you're creating a look that feels elegant and elaborate (and only you'll know that it's a cinch!).
Prep: Set hair by combing Power Whip Whipped Foam through it while it's wet. Blow dry the hair, then curl it with a large 1-inch barrel curling iron, spraying each section with Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray. Pin hair up, keeping it in place with pins. After hair has cooled, pull out the pins and brush the hair out. Create a deep side-part.
1. Part the hair behind the ear on both sides. Gathering the back section, hold the ends of the hair together and then use a brush to gently back comb from the bottom up. Use a clear elastic to tie down this section at the bottom two inches of the hair.
2. To create the faux finger waves, take the heavy side of the parting. Placing your hand in the middle of the section, create a ridge with your comb. Pin the ridge with a hair clip, creating an "S" pattern.
3. Take a one-inch wide piece of the hair at the temple area underneath the finger wave. Repeat on the other side. Pull the sections to the back of the head to meet in the middle, fastening with a small clear hair tie.
4. Taking the back section, roll it up into the nape of the neck, and tuck it into the other clear hair tie. Fasten the roll with bobby pins.
5. Place the Gatsby-inspired hair accessory on the head. Take the finger wave pins out after placing the accessory.
6. Take the remaining hair of one of the side sections and start braiding it back towards the roll. Tuck the braid crisscross into the back. Repeat on the opposite side, tucking into the back while reinforcing the braids with bobby pins if needed. Finish off with Power Spray.