Styles of uptown girls and downtown girls may differ, but both agree that long, flowing tresses always catch the spotlight. Celebrity stylist Angelo David Pisacreta of Manhattan's ultra-stylish Angelo David Salon crafted a chic look on music icon Billy Joel's daughter, Alexa Ray Joel. A musician herself, Alexa Ray rocked a long, flowing look on the December cover of Resident Magazine. Pisacreta shares his tips and offers a how-to for replicating Alexa's glamorous look.
1. Use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner
2. To create volume and texture, use a volumizing spray and spray it all over hair-from roots to ends.
3. With a large, round brush, blowdry the hair in sections and then go over the sections with a 2-inch curling iron. Pin and let hair cool.
4. Run the fingers through hair to break the curls and style into place.
5. Polish off the look with a medium-hold hairspray.