Country star Miranda Lambert had her fans in a frenzy. While kicking off her new Platinum Tour, the music icon debuted a new platinum ’do. Curious how she made the beauty transformation? The Redken colorist Amanda Craig from Nashville’s Studio Gaven, has finally spilled her secrets on creating the look.
Follow Amanda’s step-by-step below to re-create Miranda’s platinum rocker-chic look.
1. Starting back to front, apply Redken Chromatics 8AG and Chromatics 9AB, and equal parts 30 vol. for Miranda’s base, leaving on for 5 minutes. Miranda is a 6/7 base, so using 8AG and 9AB bumped her base and cut out any trace of red.
2. Then apply Redken Argan-6 Hair Oil for Dry Hair to ends for protection and shampoo hair while holding the ends. Then use the base to cover the baby hair around the face, leaving on for 5 minutes, and then rough dry her hair.
3. Next, apply Redken Up to 7 and 20 vol, creating just a few highlights on the root. Then balayage Up to 7 10 vol between foils for pops of color. Colorists can also balayage Chromatics 9NGB 10 vol to add depth and make the blonde pop. Let process for 20 to 30 minutes, checking on it every 10 minutes.
4. After processing, shampoo hair using Redken Diamond Oil Shampoo and Conditioner to strengthen the hair and boost the shine and smoothness.
5. Before blowdrying, spray pillow proof blow dry express primer both as a heat protectant and to cut down on blow dry time. Then add Redken velvet gelatine 07 cushioning blow dry gel to create a silky blowout with added volume.
6. For frizz control and added texture, finish with Outshine 01 anti-frizz polishing milk and a touch of fashion waves 07 sea salt spray.